Realizing a Purpose

This was a productive weekend in so many ways.  I spent time with great friends, and have realized a new friendship has started.  I got some much needed rest.  My oldest daughter and her husband came home for a bit and we were able to have some great quality time.  They came home to be with me as I start a new journey in a new church home.  They were here to support my decision and and be there for me as I made my membership official.

The weekend brought with it joy, accomplishment, anticipation, as well as disappointment.  Though I have learned over the last few years to really have no expectations so that I don't get disappointed, it still happens at times.  I was hopeful that a change in plans to accommodate someone in my life would bring with it a support, care, and some wonderful memories.  Yet disappointment came.  A lack of responsibility and focus on others led this person to make a choice that did not provide me with that support, care, and memories that I had longed for.  The others that were with me made up for that void.  It was still a memorable experience/day, yet I longed for more from this person in my life.

I realized that I cannot have those expectations.  If I do, I will be disappointed.  However, I also realized during this time a purpose for myself.  The last three years have been full of trials, yet I have persevered.  I have pushed through and I have remembered that there is hope beyond my circumstances.  God helped remind me of that during the message in church today.  This reinforced my decision to make this move to a new church home.  It put in my mind a forgiveness for all of the people that have disappointed me in my life.  It reminded me that through these sufferings, He has been with me.

I've also realized that a purpose in my daily life, is to remain hopeful, live in His grace, and know that others can see from my happiness and joy even in my suffering that He is alive in me.  I can witness just by my attitude and approach to life.  Living in Him gives me purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts