Really?

What makes us change our minds? When we’re set on a path that we think is the right one, following our gut, and listening to that little voice in our head, what makes us go in a different direction? Just when I thought I was set on a decision, something or someone comes along to change my mind. Why?


I have thought this decision through, I have made peace with my plan, and now someone or something upsets my applecart. I can either fight it, or make myself miserable, or I can roll with the punches and see where this new direction takes me.


I see it as a God thing. Sometimes when we are set in our ways or set on something, He comes along to challenge us; challenge our thoughts; make us see things in a different light. He puts people or things in our path to give us a choice, free will as I call it. I have free will to make a choice that will determine the next course of my path.


This person or thing that God has placed there gives me an opportunity to change my mind. But I am usually so set in my ways and set on the direction that I have in mind. Sometimes He knows better, so He gives me an opportunity to make the right decision. But it is my own opportunity. Or is it? Really?  It is God's will, not mine.  Some may think it is "free" will, but it is truly HIS.

Comments

Popular Posts