Message in Music - from November 16, 2012

At the last minute, I decided to go to a Contemporary Christian concert all by myself, in hopes of just hearing great music, clearing my head, and focusing on worship for an evening. I had no idea that God called me there to hear a message that would hit so close to home.  It was almost painful, but in a good way. Not only did some of these songs help get me through my recovery from open heart surgery some years ago, but now they helped deliver a message I desperately needed to hear at this time in my life.

Living a single life for the last few years has been interesting and I have had to learn how to live as a single female, strong, independent, and happy. After being married for so long, I have had to learn how to choose the men I’ve dated, looking for what I want and not what I don’t want. I have been challenged in making these kinds of decisions in regards to my love life and I have made a good effort.  I've wanted to find a gentleman to share some of life with because I felt it was something that was I missing. I have also felt God talking to me during the last year or so as if He is trying to remind me that HE needs to be the main man in my life. If I can truly live focusing on Him, His love, and His support, then love will come again someday when He is ready for me to find it.

This concert was a strong reminder of that, that I need to focus on HIM. Originally, I had tried to find someone to go with me to this concert, but was happy thinking I may have to go alone. Once I was wrapped up in the music and the experience, I realized God was telling me that he wanted me to be there on my own so that I could experience HIS love and realize that HE should be man I look for in my life for love, comfort, and guidance. Being there alone allowed me to do that.

For all of my single friends out there, know this that God wants to be your main love. And then when you do find a partner in life to love and share experiences with, He wants you to be willing to fight for that love. Fight for it the way Jesus fought for us. These are the lyrics for two of the songs from this concert. Not only did the songs speak to me, but the messages that the singers delivered around them spoke volumes to me as well. They were powerful words of wisdom and experience. Read these words in the context of God’s love and not the love of a partner and you’ll see what I mean. The evening brought an exceptional message to me so I hope it is worth sharing with you.

Matt Maher Lyrics – My Only Love
I still want you.Yes, I need you To have and to hold you after all of these years. I will listen to your problems.Won't try to fix them, Just wipe away your tears.And if you need me in the middle of the night, my dear, I'll stay awake till morning lightAnd chase away your fears.So come closer, Right here, forever.Deep in my heartbeat, Together as one.My only love.Cause if you need me in the middle of the night, my dear, I'll stay awake till morning lightAnd chase away your fears.So come closer, Right here forever.Deep in my heartbeat, Together as one.My only love, My only love, My only love.
 
Warren Barfield – Love Is Not A Fight
Love is not a place To come and go as we please It's a house we enter in Then commit to never leave So lock the door behind you Throw away the key We'll work it out together Let it bring us to our knees Chorus:Love is a shelter in a raging storm Love is peace in the middle of a war And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for To some, love is a word That they can fall into But when they're falling out Keeping that word is hard to do Chorus:Love is a shelter in a raging storm Love is peace in the middle of a war And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for Love will come to save us If we'll only call He will ask nothing from us But demand we give our all Chorus: Love is a shelter in a raging storm Love is peace in the middle of a war And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for I will fight for you Would you fight for me? It's worth fighting for
 

Comments

Popular Posts