FLY

FLY
“They shall mount up on wings like eagles…..”  One of my most favorite verses from the book of Isaiah.
As I read this devotion earlier this week, it brought to mind so many things in my life.  One of the things I have always said is, “I have enough stories for 20 shows of Oprah!”  However, when I started saying that twenty years ago, I didn’t think that there would be more stories added to that list.  Devastating stories at that; at least they would be for some.  But not for me!

You see, my family instilled in us as young children another verse, Romans 8:28.  Out of this verse, my dad created our family quote, “Remember that word ALL.”  He writes it on handwritten notes that he sends to us kids on a regular basis, on Christmas cards, and anything he is signing his name to gets that three-letter word A-L-L.

As a result of this life motto, I have believed that everything happens for a reason, even the bad stuff.  It has also helped me to look at the happenings in my life as all a part of God’s grand plan.  It is a privilege to have this outlook and one that I do not take lightly.

My husband says I tell long stories.  I do.  But I think it is because each story is part of the fabric of the life that God is creating for me.

This devotion brought to mind the last 10 years and specifically the stories that fill those years.  Some of which include open heart surgery, a long recovery, a devastating end to a marriage, anxiety, work stress, loss of focus on God, and a life that felt like it was in constant turmoil.  But truly what the devotion brought to mind was God’s provision and that word ALL.  His provision to heal, to provide peace; healing from the stronghold of anxiety and depression; and a provision that returned me to Him as a result of many prayers and much counsel of godly people in my life.  All of this has resulted in a stronger walk with Him, having Him bring a godly man into my life, making a very positive job change, and finding inspiration in volunteer and community involvement that includes communicating His message.  He has been in “ALL” things.

Many know that my handle is @where_pigsfly.  That is about faith; a faith that God can turn anything around; He can make a pig fly if he wants to.  He can make us “mount up with wings like eagles” as the verse in Isaiah states.  We are not exempt from trials or tribulations.  But we, as Christians, have the power of God on our side to help us endure!  That is why Pigs Fly!  God can turn any situation around.  We just have to trust, have faith, and as we wait, He prepares us and teaches us to use that adversity or updraft to lift us up above our circumstances.  He keeps showing me this, story after story, circumstance after circumstance, in ALL things.  And He can and will for you, too!

He is the everlasting God.  Strength will rise as we wait upon Him.  He will lift us on wings like eagles.  He will help us FLY!


Isaiah 40:28-31

Comments

Popular Posts