I LOVE Styled Shoots!

After deciding to launch into floral design "semi" full-time, I was introduced to something called a "Styled Shoot" and have had the pleasure of designing for two in the last year. I love them for a few reasons:

1. I get to be as creative as I want! My vision can play out!
2. I have the privilege of working with other amazing creatives!
3. I end up with some amazing shots of my work for marketing purposes.

So what is a styled shoot, you ask?

"A styled shoot is a collective, group effort between a variety of vendors coming together to produce a BEAUTIFUL mock wedding, or other grand event. The idea behind a styled shoot is to showcase the talents of the vendors and to express their creativity in new and exciting ways! This type of shoot provides a creative challenge of pushing the boundaries of what can be done. Whoever coordinates the shoot comes up with a theme or style and color palette. Then the vendors collaborate to create the vision, everyone comes together for the day to create the magic, and the photographer shoots it all. After the photos are edited, usually a blog post is written to go with the shots and the coordinator shares the blog and the vendors get digital versions of the photos for their use. The shoot is at each vendor’s own expense and is considered a business advertising expense."

My experience was that as we were renovating a 100-year old home, we took the old windows out and I did not want to trash them. They were screaming to be used in a design setting. Being a former designer for a department store, my mind was going back to designing the shops for Ralph Lauren, Boston Traders, and the like. These windows needed to be hung as a design element, SOMEWHERE.

I shared a post in a wedding vendor group on Facebook and the opportunity arrived! I was invited to be part of a styled shoot at a venue that lent itself so well to this vintage look.

But not only did I get to use my windows, I was able to share my floral design creativity as well. Here is the list of amazing vendors that participated in the Speak Easy Styled Shoot of 2018:

Venue : The Speak Easy [Jessica]
Photographer: Maike - MRinaye Photography

Wedding Day Planner : It’s KEE Events [Kaitlin]
Bride/Groom/Kiddo Model : Julie, Krishna and Auguste
Hair/Make Up : Hello Gorgeous [Maddie & Kendra]
Wedding Dress : LUXEredux Bridal Boutique [Lexie]
Florals :  Where Pigs Fly and Such [Lisa]
Suspenders/Bow Tie/Bridal Clutch : Dapper Gent [Colleen]
Hanging Windows/Greenery/Dining Table Florals : Where Pigs Fly and Such [Lisa]
Vintage Wedding Ring : Katie Carder Fine Jewelry
Calligrapher : To Be Written Shop [Lydia]

You can see my friend Maike's blog post here.
And below are some of my favorite shots from the Speak Easy Styled Shoot. (Scroll through, because photos from the second shoot follow!)
















Then, in 2019, I had the pleasure of being part of a shoot at the 
Freedom Barn at Hope Center Indy, and wow! What fun! As a result of connecting with Kaitlin of It's KEE Events at the Speak Easy shoot, she reconnected to invite me along for this one as well.

This shoot was for the same purpose, to showcase vendors. However, this one was a bit different as we had an open house afterward for couples to come see the work and talk to all of the vendors.

Here are my favorites from this amazing day:




















Find these vendors on Instagram and social media!

@itskeeevents -Planner
@freedombarnhc -Venue
@marissawileyphoto -Photographer
@splitwhitvisuals -Videographer
@bluehousebridal -Bridal gowns
@formallymodern_indy -Tuxes
@dappergentonetsy - Accessories
@hellogorgeousindy -Makeup/Hair/Models
@whelchelsevent  -Decor Rental
@namelesscaters  -Caterer
@thehorsesmouthbar - Bar Service
@blueblossomrentals -Macrame backdrop
@signed_and_stated -custom lettering 

Thank you to all of these amazing creatives for making the hard work at each of these shoots SO worth it! The artistic juices were flowing and the shoots came together beautifully! 
I love this opportunity for the reasons I mentioned, but also because the experience is just so rich. Relationships are formed and we get the privilege of working together again in the future. Referrals are a wonderful thing!

If you are looking for vendors, check any of these out. We all enjoyed working together and their expertise was phenomenal. In fact, I am having fun getting to work with many of them on the real thing! Lots of weddings in 2019!
Cheers!
Lisa
@wherepigsflyandsuch 

Comments

  1. I'm really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?
    Affordable Wedding Venues Colorado Springs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks
    San Diego photographer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts