13 Going on 30

13 Going on 30! JPI Style!


“A girl who's sick of the social strictures of junior high is transformed into a grownup overnight.”

The 2004 movie just celebrated 15 years in 2019. And as I reminisced last year about how I connected back then with the 13-year-old Jenna, I recalled my 13-year-old self. I saw myself in her. I realized how as an adult, I had lived through the same social traumas she did and came out on the other side.

In that inspiration came an idea. Now, as a creative adult, I am working with some amazing people who inspire vision, creativity, and non-traditional design ideas, and what better way to work with them all than to create a styled photo shoot. The idea was birthed in one of my most favorite places, Just Pop In Café & Wine Bar. It was to create a styled photo shoot there based on this iconic movie. The thought was to design and pull together the imagery of a 13-year-old birthday party, full of the color and flair of the early 90’s, and the happiness of this amazing venue, Just Pop In! Then on the heels of the birthday, create the vision of the 30-year-old’s wedding, reminiscent of Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo’s grand recession out of Jenna’s childhood home in the movie(aka Just Pop In), Pink Floyd rose bouquet and all!

Here are the inspiration images:









Luckily, for the last two years, I have been surrounded by some amazing creatives capable of pulling off such a design. And we did it! What a fantastic team! And what a beautiful and happy space! The day was no less than epic! 

Follow them all on Instagram:

@marissawileyphoto @itskeeevents @hellogorgeous @cakesbymadonna @justpopin @uncommonlystyled @fizzlebathizzle @curvycustombride @_oohlivia @wherepigsflyandsuch 

Marissa Wiley Photography
It's Kee Events
Where Pigs Fly and such - Floral and event design (that's me)
Hello Gorgeous - Makeup Artist
Cakes by Madonna
Uncommonly Styled - Tableware
Fizzlebathizzle - Bath Bombs & Body Scrubs
Curvy Custom Bride  - Custom Bridal Design
Olivia - 30 something model

So now for your viewing pleasure, I give you our interpretation of 13 Going on 30, Just Pop In style! Remember Just Pop In when you need an intimate party or gathering space, or a venue for a corporate luncheon or event. Not only is the food, wine, and popcorn amazing, the space is welcoming, happy, and warm, and the staff is, too! It is TRULY a happy place! 

Thanks for popping in! That’s a wrap!





























































Comments

Popular Posts