My Daddy’s Birthday, March 25, 2019

Today is my Daddy’s 82ndbirthday! He is truly 82 years YOUNG. But in typical “Frank” fashion, when I called to wish him the best of days and share happiness, gratitude, and love, I felt he made the conversation more about encouraging and supporting me.

That’s how my Daddy does it. He always flips it around to minister to others. Even in his 80+ years he is still working, still golfing, still teaching, and still living out the mission he feels God called him to. He uses every opportunity to share his faith, give an encouraging word, or “make someone’s day” every single day.

In our call this morning, as I told him that I took intentional rest time yesterday from the hustle and bustle of our current lives, he reminded me of Matthew 11:28-29:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

And then, as he is so good at, he described our current state as he sees it from afar as being, “so busy that everything is just running over the sides and dripping out!” Yes, Daddy, it is. But we hope the drips turn into a “spilling over” of God’s goodness and success for our efforts. Not only in John’s work and mine, but in the effort we are putting forth together!

Daddy also reminded me of Matthew 6:34:

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I know that Chris Tomlin’s song, “Good, Good Father” is about our heavenly father, but every time I hear it, I think of Dr. Frank Taylor. 

“You're a good good father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am
I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
'Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word

He has always loved us right where we are. When we have been searching, and even when not, he has had answers or scripture that were just right and timely. He knows just what we need because he has been a father who steadfastly prays for his children and he listens to HIS Father!

Thank you, Daddy for your love, wisdom, and grace. I probably needed your birthday conversation today more than you did. I love you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Comments

Popular Posts