Singlehood and Trying to Figure it Out

I am tired of trying to figure out if flirting means a guy is interested or if he is just flirting and whether the guy is really ready to date. This whole online dating thing really screws that all up, too. I mean, when you’re flirty online, then the voice-to-voice conversation isn’t, how is one to take that? And when you “hear” a certain tone in an email or chat and then that isn’t how it is intended is just so dang confusing. The guys say they are ready for a relationship, but are they really or are they just flirting their way through life?


Whatever happened to meeting someone the old fashioned way? You know, your eyes meet across the room somewhere and you know there is something about the person that makes you either melt to your knees or just oddly want to know more? There is something to be said for that feeling. If you have that feeling and then it isn’t reciprocated, you have to move on, I know. But if you don’t meet face to face, how do you get that feeling? The world has gone to the internet version of dating and it has taken what I think is all of the fun out of it. The anticipation of what you perceive to be is most times NOT. It is very frustrating!


There are so many guys you meet online or as a set-up that seem to be potential matches that are flirtatious, out-going, and charismatic, that say all the right things to get you interested, they make you laugh, say they are ready for more, then BOOM, they aren’t! Or they just drag out conversation without the commitment of anything more than that, “conversation”. And of course there are the ones that are long distance communicators because they know there is no way you’ll ever meet. They are the guys that want to get the satisfaction of getting you interested, getting their ego fed, and then there is never any potential for anything more than that.


So what’s a girl to do in this new neighborhood of singlehood? Bury her head in the sand? No, I refuse to do that. I know there has to be a good guy out there just waiting to be swept off of his feet; one that is really ready. This girl is tired of being told she’s a catch and that the guys are stupid if she’s staring them in the face interested. Either the guys really don’t want a relationship or they are just down-right scared.


I wish I could figure all of this flirting stuff out. But I guess if I did, I wouldn’t be single, I would have a “boyfriend” or a significant other of some kind. But I’m finally to the point in my singlehood where I would love to figure it out. I would love to find that missing puzzle piece, someone to enjoy hanging out with; sharing regular conversation with, someone that I know isn’t trying to play a game, someone I can banter with who makes me laugh, and someone who appreciates me along with my independence. If I figure it out, I will let you know!

Comments

  1. I truly, truly hope you have "figured it out" now!
    I'm a big fan of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts