NO Expectations, a good thing!

Expectations can bring frustration, excitement, anticipation, or pleasant outcomes. However, when there is no expectation, you can be surprised in a very dramatic fashion.

In the last few weeks, I have been surprised in some profound ways. I have found that having no expectations going into a situation has set me up for some awesome surprises. And while this was as a result of many different situations, each was special, unique, and has had a measureable impact on my life.

I have been able to connect with some very amazing people of late. These are people from diverse backgrounds, different parts of the world, people I’ve known for years, and people that I have reconnected with after many years of distance. Each has touched me in a way that I will be forever changed by. And while many will be missed since our paths may not cross but only once more, many have the promise of long lasting contact and impact.

God has been working in my life and has brought many new people into it as a result. Having no expectations and learning to let him drive has enabled me to experience the surprise and the excitement in a way that I would not have otherwise. Though sometimes there is frustration, I know that the anticipation of good things to come overrides the times when frustration sets in. Life is too short! Enjoy the ride! And it ALL happens for a reason!

Comments

  1. This one caught me by surprise, WPF, because it made me think about this topic in a very different way than I am used to. Your delineation here challenges me to identify standards for proper discernment and judgment to keep them from becoming improper pre-judgment and presupposition that could prevent the possibility of allowing God's ambassadors in my life. Thank you, WPF! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts