How Ironic It Is....

How ironic it is that my last post was one year to the day....tomorrow! And as I look back at my previous posts, I realize how many goals I have started, reached, and let fall by the wayside.

First, my Financial Peace frame of mind never totally kicked in. However, with a new year, comes a new focus. In addition to that focus comes greater financial reward, with which I will be able to apply the Financial Peace knowledge that I learned this time last year. I have a new career path that will bring more opportunities to get myself completely debt free and focus on retiring and being able to live the dream of Where Pigs Fly!

Second, I've reached career goals, personal goals, and spiritual goals this past year. My work responsibility has increased to a level that I honestly did not think I would see at this point in my life. It has been extremely gratifying. I have reached personal life goals, learning to be happy in my new single skin, reaching the goal of creating a comfortable home for myself and visitors/family. And I have reached spiritual goals as well, finding a new church home and a revitalized, re energized heart for the Lord that walks with me each day!

And finally, my new goal of being a college graduate is well on the way to being accomplished. This goal started as an Associates Degree in Human Resources Management. But I quickly realized that that wasn't enough. My excitement for my classes, the support of my instructors, and
the gratification of making good grades has me focused on a Bachelor's instead. And I could very well be able to accomplish this goal during the same year of turning 50! I want it more now than ever!

So, here we go 2011! This little piggy is gonna fly! And fly HIGH!! Watch for more frequent posts as one of my classes is Composition I so this is a journaling effort as well. Good practice for class! But I also want to look back at my progress, and I want to inspire others as well. So this is a great way to keep a record of my failures and success. I am more excited about life now than ever!

Comments

  1. Great post Lisa! You GO girl! Can't wait to watch as your goals and dreams become your reality!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts