Where did that come from?

You know the feeling when you think you're over something, or have moved beyond a feeling and then out of the blue, something happens, and that feeling rushes back and catches you off guard?  Why does that happen?  Why do we work so hard to move beyond a bad time in our lives, only to be disrupted by it all over again years later?


I know that things happen for a reason.  I DO!  But man, sometimes something can hit you and you just want to scream!  WHY??????  Do people really reap what they sew?  Do good things really happen to good people?


I guess when I got some news recently, I wasn't as prepared for the feelings that came rushing in as I thought.  It took me to a place some years ago that was very painful; very emotional.  I guess we are due our day to cry every now and then.  But I thought I was past it.  Maybe some of the pain is still there.  Maybe I'm too sensitive.  Or maybe I just want what is good and right for myself and for everyone else and when it doesn't work out that way I am disappointed. 


I guess I needed to feel that pain again for some reason.  I know that it has made me realize that getting to a better place really was worth it.  And for me, I've realized that good things do happen to good people.  At least I think I'm good.


But where did that feeling come from?  A deep, dark place.  One that I had put aside, but one that was deeper and darker than I thought.  So I am allowed to feel the pain all over again and move on.  Knowing that I am in a better place and I am happy.  Regardless of where that came from.

Comments

Popular Posts