The sound of a million dreams……Stir up an old memory - December 20, 2012

As David Nail sings and I sit and listen, thinking of a million of my dreams, some come and gone, and some I’m still praying for.  Dreams are not only what memories are made of, but what life is made of.

I remember one of my earliest dreams was to live long enough to have children.  What little girl doesn’t dream that?  Well I started early, but what an amazing experience!  My two girls are the loves of my life.  I have watched them grow into the most amazing young ladies.  I am more proud than I deserve to be as a mom.  That is a dream come true but an even more special blessing.

I also remember having a dream as a kid to be a model like those I saw in my monthly Seventeen Magazines.  While I may not have been a big time model on a national stage, I did get to live out that dream on a local scale and actually get paid for it back in the day.  WHAT fun!  Those are experiences I will never trade.  Most definitely dreams come true.

Another early dream, probably for most girls, was to find my knight in shining armor.  While the first man in my life did not come riding in on a horse, he definitely took me for a ride.  It was an experience that would lead me to another dream come true much later in life.  After living in this abusive relationship, it gave me a passion to do work that God led me to through a women’s shelter.  This awesome organization works in the name of our Lord Jesus, protecting women and children who have escaped their abusers.  I am so fortunate to be a part of it.

Dreams and memories are so special to me.  They are what my life is made of.  Dreams are hopes for our future.  Memories are the dreams being lived out in our daily lives for our minds to recall later.  We recall them with love and emotion; we hope for new dreams to come along; and we pray that our dreams fall into God’s will.  I hope to always have a million dreams and as they turn into old memories, I pray that God replaces them with new ones.  Blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts